Tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) vaccination
- TBE vaccine for children *until 12 years (1 dose) : 20.00 €
- TBE vaccine for adults (1 dose) at the Clinic : 30.00 €
- TBE vaccine for adults (1 dose) at your premises : 32.00 €
TBE and Lyme disease are dangerous diseases transmitted by ticks. There is a vaccine available for protection against TBE; vaccine against Lyme disease is not available. Vaccination is with extra charge.
Vaccinating against TBE should be started already in April. So your immune system can attain necessary protection by the time the tick-season is starting.
Complete-vaccination includes 3 injections:
- First Dose - At least 1-3 months prior to the season
- Second Dose - 1 to 3 months after the first vaccination
- Third Dose - 9 to 12 months after the second vaccination
Booster Vaccination should be done 3 years after the last vaccination, afterwards in every 5 years.
First TBE symptoms are similar to flu and will occur in 1-2 weeks from the bite. These include small fever with a headache and muscle aches. Those symptoms may continue up to a week, after what most people will recover.
But approximately every third person will suffer from more severe symptoms: high fever, strong headaches, stiff neck, vomiting, drowsiness and general discomfort. If these symptoms occur you should see a doctor immediately.
Vaccination can be received at Magdaleena Outpatient Clinic:
- room MD0224
- phone (+372) 606 7713
- open M-Fr 8-16
No registration needed.
Please contact us:
- Karin Sarapuu, phone (+372) 606 7825, karin.sarapuu[A]itk.ee
- or Kirti Savi, phone (+372) 6067751, kirti.savi[A]itk.ee