An anti-gravity treadmill (AlterG)
An anti-gravity treadmill (AlterG) reduces the impact of gravity on the patient's lower extremities, thus enabling patients suffering from injuries of their lower limbs to start with gait training significantly earlier on in the rehabilitation process. The device minimises the risk of complications and reduces pain, thus as a result, accelerating recovery.
AlterG is also indicated for neurological conditions, athletes recovering from injuries and patients recovering from surgical procedures of the lower limbs.
Benefits of the AlterG treadmill, based on anti-gravity technology:
- reduces the impact of gravity up to 80%;
- minimises pain and the impact of disturbing factors during the rehabilitation or recovery from injuries of the lower extremities;
- increased mobility, strength and safety in neurological patients;
- safe reduction of body weight and training at a higher intensity;
- pain-free training and reduced pressure on joints and muscles;
- faster recovery after training sessions and competitions.
The AlterG device was acquired under the Liverwort charity campaign “Pay a Tribute to Veterans”. More information about the Liverwort campaign is available at www.annameau.ee.
The maximum duration of a training session is 30 minutes.
Gait training is free of charge upon presenting a doctor’s referral. If you do not have a referral, you can make an appointment for a direct-paid training session. The fee for one session is €15.
Additional information and appointments at 606 7878.