Standard appointment fee
Standard appointment fee is collected:
- if a patient is coming to appointment covered with a referral letter from GP;
- if a patient is coming to appointment covered with a referral letter from a medical specialist not working in East-Tallinn Central hospital;
- if a patient is coming to appointment where referral letter is not required;
- in the event of a follow-up appointment with the same doctor where 90+ days has passed since payment of the last appointment fee.
You must pay your appointment fee at the reception desk before seeing the specialist. You can pay in cash or by card. All patients are issued with an invoice once they have paid their appointment fee. The specialist you are seeing will ask to see this invoice as proof of payment of the appointment fee.
Appointment fees are not charged in the case of:
- patients who are younger than 19 (ID required);
- pregnancy upon verification (pregnancy chart);
- patient is in a life-threatening situation if followed by a direct treatment at the inpatient department;
- patients seeking health care services for which they are required to pay;
- patients who attend an appointment on the basis of a referral issued by a specialist working in the same or another field of medicine at East Tallinn Central Hospital;
- repeat visits based on appointments made by the specialist in question. In the event of a follow-up appointment with the same doctor where 90+ days has passed since payment of the last appointment fee, €5 must be paid again as a new appointment fee.
Patients who do not have documents proving that they are not required to pay the appointment fee are charged for their appointment.