Cardiological health audit (32 hours)
The two-day cardiological health audit is recommended for those with a history of heart disease or experiencing heart issues. The examination is also suitable when living a lifestyle involving lots of travelling and stress or there is a family history of heart or circulatory disease. At the end of the audit, the results of the examinations are explained and recommendations are provided by a cardiologist.
The cardiological health audit is comprised of the following:
- Blood and urine tests to assess the health situation (general blood test, blood sugar, cholesterol and its structure, kidney and liver function, prostate cancer markers, inflammation markers, blood sugar profile, and the level of vitamin D in the blood)
- ECG – electrocardiogram
- Cardiac stress test – for assessing the stress tolerance of the heart
- Echocardiography – the functioning of the heart is assessed with ultrasound
- 24-hour monitoring of the blood pressure and heart rate
- Spirometry – breathing function test
- Doctor’s consultation to adjust physical exercise
- Ultrasound of abdominal organs, prostate ultrasound for men
- Chest x-ray (takes place at the indication of the audit physician and on the basis of a referral letter)
- Lifestyle consultation
- Consultation by a cardiologist or a doctor of internal medicine before the start of the health examination and conclusions at the end of the health audit and, if necessary, treatment recommendations.