The in-patient fee for patients receiving in-patient medical treatment is 2,5 euros per day. A patient pays the in-patient fee for a maximum of 10 calendar days per case.
The in-patient fee is not charged:
- for patients without health insurance cover
- upon provision of in-patient specialised medical care in connection with pregnancy or delivery (based on the document presented)
- upon provision of in-patient specialised medical care to a person younger than 19 years of age
- for a period when intensive care is provided
- upon provision of an independent in-patient nursing service that is subject to cost-sharing
- upon provision of in-patient rehabilitation that is subject to cost-sharing
- upon provision of paid in-patient health services
- upon provision of in-patient chemotherapy
- in the case of repeated admissions up to 30 days after the end of the first hospitalisation if the repeated hospitalisation is caused by a complication
- for hospital stays for a caregiver of a child of less than one year of age
- upon provision of rehabilitation services based on a referral from the Social Insurance Board
- in the event of the death of a patient
A parent staying in hospital with a child over 10 years of age (or an uninsured parent with a child between 0-10 years) is charged an in-patient fee of 22,79 euros.
The independent in-patient nursing care self-financing fee is 12,68 euros per bed day.
The in-patient fee can be paid at hospital reception desks as well as in the reception room of the Women's Clinic with cash or by card. You can pay also by bank transfer. If you are staying in hospital, the hospital's health information system prepares an invoice automatically. If the payment deadline is exceeded, the patient will receive a reminder and if the payment has not been received within 30 days, the unpaid invoice will be forwarded to a collection agency. To avoid any inconveniences, please pay all of your invoices on time.
The in-patient fee is set pursuant to § 71 of the Health Insurance Act and the decision of the East Tallinn Central Hospital Board of 18 February 2013.