Appointment with a nurse in the field of cardiology
The cardiology nurse teaches the patient and their loved ones to monitor for signs of disease. If necessary, they will also organise outpatient monitoring.
The following are topics covered during cardiac insufficiency consultations:
- nature of heart failure, fibrillation and myocardial infarction
- treatment principles
- nutritional and lifestyle consultation
- training in self-monitoring and explaining the treatment regimen
- monitoring of blood analyses and adjusting the treatment on the basis of it
- identifying the risk factors of cardiovascular diseases
- developing an individual prevention system
- monitoring medication adherence
- compliance monitoring
The appointment will be directed by a cardiologist, specialist doctor or emergency doctor of East Tallinn Central Hospital.