Woman’s doctor appointment
The woman’s doctor, also referred to as the gynaecologist, receives women of all ages. You do not need a referral to book an appointment. Paid appointments have a shorter waiting time.
You should book an appointment with a woman’s doctor before starting active sex life to receive advice on using contraceptives. If you are already sexually active, you should book an appointment at least every three years. Should any complications arise, book an appointment with a woman’s doctor.
If you have a women’s disease or belong to a risk group, you should see the doctor more frequently. The doctor shall compile an individual monitoring plan for each case.
To book an appointment with a gynaecologist, please call the call centre at 666 1900, come to the reception of ITK or use the i-Patient portal.
In addition to the usual gynaecologist consultation, you could receive advice in case of the following problems:
- contraceptive-related consultation,
- pregnancy termination consultation,
- perimenopause, pelvic floor problems,
- pre-operation consultation,
- incontinence, sexual disorders.
The following examinations, procedures, and operations shall be performed in an outpatient setting during the gynaecologist’s appointment:
- Inserting the intrauterine contraceptive device or the coil,
- Inserting a contraceptive implant or Nexplanon,
- Gynaecological ultrasound test,
- Cervical examination with a colposcope or colposcopy,
- Medical pregnancy termination,
- Uterine cavity aspiration biopsy,
- Uterine cavity examination of hysteroscopy without anaesthesia,
- Cervical conisation under local anaesthesia
In case the service is paid - analyses, tests will also be paid.
Appointments can be booked: