The Youth Clinic is for young people who have questions about their body and sexuality.
The Youth Clinic provides free individual counselling for young women and men up to 26 years old. Counselling is also free if you do not have a health insurance policy.
The Youth Clinic is welcoming and confidential. Our counsellors are trained specialists who are experts in their field. Our midwives and gynaecologists offer individual gynaecological (the science of how a woman’s body is built and functions; the prevention and treatment of gynaecological diseases) help and counselling on sexual health (concerning people’s behaviour, preferences, needs, morals, culture and more) free of charge. We also offer lectures on sexual education.
Our Youth Clinic also employs a counsellor for young men (Dr Denis Vaulin), who is available for individual sexual health counselling free of charge.
The Youth Clinic offers the following services free of charge:
- consultation on finding a suitable contraceptive
- writing prescriptions for contraceptives
- emergency counselling
- determining pregnancy (ultrasound, venous blood test)
- counselling in case of unwanted pregnancy
- pregnancy-related consultation
- gynaecological examinations and, if necessary, analyses for young women
- examinations and, if necessary, analyses for young men
- counselling and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- testing for sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, hepatitis B and C, herpes, HIV)
- counselling on sexuality and intimate relationships
- counselling in cases of sexual violence
- counselling on sexual identity
- psychosexual counselling
- sharing guidance on reducing risky behaviour related to health
- interactive lectures on sexual educational for schoolchildren and other interested parties
You can come to the Youth Clinic alone, with a partner or with a smaller group of friends.
We take all your questions seriously and consider them important. We want to guide young people on their mental and physical health journeys. Everything shared in the Youth Clinic is confidential. We will not give information about your problem/analyses to your parents, your general practitioner or anyone else without your permission.
What to keep in mind before coming to the Youth Clinic
- Book an appointment through the iPatsient digital registry or by calling 666 1900. You can also book an appointment on the spot at the reception desks of our outpatient clinics at Ravi 18, Hariduse 6 and Pärnu mnt 104.
- Visits along with any tests are free of charge for all persons up to 26 years of age regardless of whether they have health insurance.
- If you have visited our clinic before and need a repeat prescription for pills, you must also register for a prescription by calling 666 1900. Appointments for repeat prescriptions will be available for the current week.
- Young men who want to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases should not urinate for four hours before the test.
- Before coming to your appointment, please go through the reception and check your contact details as we will contact you by phone if there are any problems with your test results.
The Youth Clinic is in the Tõnismäe Unit of East Tallinn Central Hospital at Hariduse 6