Appointment for women with urinary incontinence
You are welcome to come for an appointment if you are suffering from unintentional loss of urine. A doctor will determine the reason for urinary incontinence and prepare a treatment plan.
There are a number of potential causes for incontinence:
- Stress incontinence – urination occurs after physical exertion. This is caused by weak pelvic floor muscles.
- Urge incontinence – urine loss follows as soon as you feel your bladder is full. This type of incontinence is caused by a dysfunction of the detrusor muscle.
- Urinary incontinence resulting from cystitis.
- Urinary incontinence due to vaginal or uterine prolapse.
- A hole between the bladder and the vagina.
Obesity, tumours, foreign bodies, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, chronic cough, chronic constipation, etc. are all factors contributing to urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is treated with exercise, medicinal products and surgery.